Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Pure Heart Pt. 2

I'm going to try & get this DONE! I keep starting posts, then falling asleep! I've literally  worked on this post FOUR times and I still haven't posted it!

Last week was AWESOME!

I don't know exactly where I left off in Pt. 1! So I'm just gonna pick up on my favorite day! WEDNESDAY! The absolute highlight of my time here so far!
Wednesday was True Femininity & True Masculinity! They did the girls & guys teaching hand in hand, which was geeeeenius! Donna Cole started off the morning with the teaching for the ladies on femininity! Super good!!

(Sorry if this next paragraph is a bit rough to read... It's a lot harder to explain via writing, then I thought it would be!!)


Then we moved into a time of ministry, it was SO powerful & healing for me! 
They started off the time by separating the girls in the front of the "classroom" to ask the Lord to reveal areas that needed healing & the female leaders came & prayed for us. While the boys went to the back & prayed/repented for the ways that they had objectified & disrespected girls in the past. After a bit, they had some of the ladies come & share on the mic what the Lord was revealing to them. That was intense. Some of their stories were intense. We all sat for awhile longer and just soaked in the things the Lord was revealing to our hearts. As the time continued the guys began to speak out blessings & apologies outloud. That was nuts for me. I think it was equally nuts for the guys to see the real sensitivity of the Female heart & how damaging that disrespect & dishonor is. After some more time, the guys began to repent on the mic for the ways that they have disrespected, or objectified girls (nothing awkward or inappropriate) & some of them prophesied over us. I think that was one of the most impacting parts for me. Hearing my brothers in Christ apologize on behalf of the boys/men who hurt me in the past, was so insanely powerful. Words were spoken by brothers that I barely know, that my heart has been aching & longing to hear. I was SOO blessed by them. I am SOO thankful for them. My heart was so softened & broken in that time so much!! After that they had us girls get up, turn around, face the guys & look at them. Super hard.
It was so ridiculously, amazingly awesome.
Then we switched & the guys had their own ministry time. I don't have the energy to type all of it out. It was amazing as well. 


We also had a time where we spoke out blessings to each other as brothers and sisters! That was epic as well! Never quite experienced anything like that. IT WAS AWESOME.


After lunch, prayer room (where the Lord did some more amazing work in my heart) & work duty, I hitchhiked with a group of friends to COSTCO for pizza!!! It was pretty epic!

 I was just puttin' on a little deodorant...
delicious costco pizza! 
On the way back all 7 of us climbed in a truck bed! It was hilarious/scary/super windy cause the driver was going hecka fast! Here are some awesome pictures of that!
laughing super hard! 
The guy drove so fast... that it made my hair look SUPER awesome! 
 On Friday night we had Open Mic Night. My friends Jeremy, Rachel, Aaron & I played Colors of the Wind from Pocahontas! I will upload the video of that soon!!
We put on a little war paint! 
 Beach on Saturday!
 First Scandinavian Shave Ice!


No comments: