Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Pure Heart Pt. 1

It's Pure Heart week! Officially the best week by far & it's only Tuesday!!!


The Lord is doing some profoundly deep work in my heart! Seriously some intense stuff! It is quite difficult to put into words! Yesterday & today we went through "mother"/"father" wounds & confession. Processing, praying and releasing junk from our lives. I seriously cannot get over how kind & gentle the Lord is! He has been breaking in & flooding healing into so many places. I have never felt such peace in the midst of total chaos.


In class yesterday morning I felt like there were some huge hurts relating to my parental wounds that needed to be healed. But, I was bummed out that I didn't have any colossal breakthrough like I really, really I wanted! I felt the Lord ever so gently speak to my heart "Don't make an idol out of some big breakthrough moment, wait on ME. Don't force it. Wait on MY timing. It's so much better." So I just sat down, bummed out, but trusting.


Then in the prayer room that night I still didn't have some epic breakthrough, BUT the worship was seriously heavenly. I honestly always struggle a lot with focusing in the prayer room. The music/all the people tend to be really loud and chaotic. So, I usually have a hard time connecting or even to the Lord, let alone think! But, the time last night was so different. There was a period of time that I cannot even really express. All of the instruments dropped out & it was just the voices. It was such a holy heavenly moment. All I could think about was the holiness of the Lord. It felt like heaven, or heaven on earth. The voices were so beautiful singing out our own songs, but all the notes blended perfectly. I want to say SO much more about it, but I literally cannot catch the words.


John Thurlow from IHOP was leading us in and out of this song:



So, that was pretty amazing. People were saying that they heard angels singing. I can't say that I know what an angel's voice sounds like(haha) but, it was one of the sweetest, most powerful moments I've had in a time of corporate worship.


I'm too tired to write anymore, so I'll write about today & more later this week!

No comments: