Friday, January 6, 2012

As surreal as it gets...

Today has been one of the longest days of my life! Not in a bad way, but an incredibly unreal way. Woke up at 5, I got to the airport around 5:45 this morning, said goodbye to a few of my wonderful lady friends...












































Waited around for my flight to leave
Enjoyed the my last glimpse of the bay for the next few months!
Flew for 5 hours and arrived in Kona around 10:30! I met a few people outside the bathroom in the Kona airport and we were all shuttled over to the base, where we were warmly welcomed! 


It's absolutely beautiful here! The weather is a tad hot & only a little humid! It also smells wonderful! After checking in I got my luggage settled & had some lunch! While waiting in the lunch line I a had a cool conversation with a woman who is a teacher for the 8 year old kiddos on base. With a full belly, I could barely function, mostly from exhaustion, so I came back to the room and layed down, looked out my window...
...and fell asleep! I don't know how long I slept for, but the sleep was great! 

I finished unpacking, then went with my roommate Sarah (who is from New Zealand/South Africa) to dinner. We met a couple cool people & walked with them into town, like a 5-10 min walk (as the sun was setting! Beautiful!)!! We all sat by the ocean for awhile and chatted! Pretty awesome! 

I've had a wonderful first day! Still settling in! Tomorrow I have a pretty full day of welcoming ceremonies and meetings! So, I'm gonna wrap this up and go to sleep!


Please be praying that I'll keep my eyes fixed on Jesus!

No comments: