Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Masiphumelele!!!

Masiphumelele, South Africa!!

Today they announced our outreach locations and I'm on the South African team!! I literally cannot believe that's where I'm going to be sent!! 
I was in total shock, well kind of!

Here's the story!:
There are over 120 Fire & Fragrance DTS students & staff, so there were 11 different locations for the outreach to choose from! (I said that the other day!) 
Yesterday in class they wrote all 11/ up on the board and told us we weren't allowed to talk to our friends, or use our cell phones! Then told us we have ten minutes to pray & write down our top two choices! 

TEN MINUTES! 

So, I sat there, NO idea which to choose!! 

The options were: 
China/North Korea
Turkey/Northern Afghanistan 
Berlin/Poland
 Amsterdam/The Netherlands
 Japan
 East Coast of the USA
 Honolulu
 Nepal
 Cambodia
 South Africa

I started praying and unfortunately I didn't hear a booming voice saying "JAPAN" or anything at all! People here had visions, and have had places on their hearts and minds for awhile, but I was totally at a loss! I came in with NO expectations... So I just sat there, most people walked up - ...and I still sat there! 

Then in the last few minutes two stuck in my mind... 

South Africa & Amsterdam/The Netherlands.

I just kept randomly going back to them & repeating them in my head! 
So I wrote them down!

The leaders told us that hopefully a week or so they'd let us know, unless there was some kind of miracle! (You could sense they seemed to think it was gonna take quite some work & time to get 120 people organized into groups!)
 They also told us to be flexible, because there was a chance that we wouldn't be placed in either! So, I was expecting to wait at least a week! 

Then-this morning, sure enough, there was a miracle!

Almost everyone got their first choice! It just worked out perfectly that we were all placed in either our first or second choice! So cool! The leadership said it's the fastest they'd ever heard of getting the locations all figured out! 

So, I'm going to South Africa!!!!!!!!

Here are a couple of pictures from the last couple days!
The sunset yesterday!
 A necklace I made yesterday!
 The sunset tonight!


My friend Kristen and I walked out to this spot to have to read & have a quiet time! 
We ended up chatting the whole time, & didn't read at all, but BOY it was beautiful!!! 
I am SOOO BLESSED!!! 

Andy Byrd, our speaker for this week, included this verse today in his teaching today! Such an amazing time of teaching and worship! He passionately spoke of how all that we do should be fueled by our love of God. Not our striving to please and attain His love. 


Zephaniah 3:17 ESV
"The Lord your God is in your midst, a mighty one who will save; he will rejoice over you with gladness; he will quiet you by his love; he will exult over you with loud singing."

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Let me know if you are flying through jo-berg and I will come give you a hug! Love you!

Nicole said...

Let me know if you are flying through jo-berg and I will come give you a hug! Love you!