Sunday, January 8, 2012

Overwhelmed!

The last few days have been SO overwhelming!! I am super exhausted now, so I am sorry if my sentences drag, or are confusing! Hard for me to even begin to think of what to write!! I am an introvert running on no alonetime fuel!

I'm not sure if I wrote this in any of my other posts or not, but there are over 100 people in my Fire & Fragrance DTS! I heard today that since there are SO many people there will be 11 places to choose from for the outreach! Please be praying that I would be wise with my time, so I can be energized to be social! It's been stretching (in a REALLY GOOD way!!!) to be around so many people all of the time!! I'm definitely adjusting! And please be praying for the Lords leading in choosing my outreach location!!!! 


Anyways... This is what my last few days have looked like!!


Friday- the day before yesterday! (which feels like a week ago) we had orientation, & the "Aloha Welcome Night"! They had amazing dancers & performers, like this fire dancer...


...it was super neat and fun! The founder of YWAM, told the story of how God lead him to start the organization! 

Then, Saturday-we went to this AMAZING beach & I took these sweet pics!
Beautiful waves & lovely shades of blue & turquoise water!

One of my new friends Kristen!!

The waves were HUGE!
 I picked my first Plumeria!
 & then they had a carnival for us! 
 We had silly matching moustaches painted at the face painting station!
 & there was even a pie eating contest with COSTCO pumpkin pies. Literally HUGE pies!
Today- the weather was PERFECT! I visited Living Stones Church & sat outside! The view of the waves crashing against the rocks was absolutely AMAZING! So refreshing to see a familiar face! Also really funny to see the similarities in mannerisms of Tim & Bill Barley. I was also really encouraged by the message! 

Worked on some jewelry for awhile... Only took one picture of what I've made... More to come!



































Got to Skype and talk on the phone with quite a few of my favorite people back home! Felt so refreshing. 



I topped off the night with a walk at sunset with a few new friends. One from Pennsylvania, one from Minnesota & one from Germany!














We went down to Hawaii's First Church, where there was an orchestral concert! It was absolutely beautiful music and they ended the night with the singing of hymns. 
We sang It Is Well last, (which we also sang this morning at "LSC") and as we came to the last chorus, all of the old folks stood up and lifted their voices and hands to the heavens. It was so incredibly powerful!!! I've never been amongst such a vibrant, strong group of older folks!! It brought me to tears! Such a beautiful evening!  

No comments: